Wednesday 1 October 2014

by Donna Mibus


Statue Of Liberty

Description:

From the Mid Century Modern Travel Series.





Please Click On The Picture Links Below For More Information








About Donna:

I began painting when I was fifty. It all started in a very roundabout way. I began creating felt banners for my church and wanted an easier way to work on the designs, so I started using a graphic design program on my computer. This saved tons of time, not to mention tons of paper! For fun I started using the graphic design program to create pictures of rooms with mid century modern furniture. I'm just crazy about anything mid century modern! Around the same time as this I began teaching my grandchildren art, and I purchased a bunch of paint for us to use in class. One day I was playing around on the computer, creating another mid century room design, and I thought, 'I wonder if I could do this with paint?' I had to simplify the design, so I chose three elements from the room: a mid century chair, a mid century lamp, and a mid century piece of artwork. This is how my very first painting came to be. I called it my 'chair' painting. I stuck a cat in the chair because I like cats. I was excited! I loved this now hobby and could not wait to paint another piece. And another. And another. Soon I had nowhere to store these completed paintings. My husband suggested selling them, and my daughter told me about Etsy. Thus came about the creation of my Etsy Shop in February 2012.

My Client list includes:

Laredo Hospitality Ventures
Bombshell Salon
Gemma Hobbs, WILCO Realtor
Atomic Wigs
Retrospektiv
This is Vintage Now



Dallas, TX - United States

No comments:

Post a Comment