Sunday 28 September 2014

by Angelina Vick

Lady Liberty Keeps Watch



United We Stand
Description:

This is part of a 6 piece patriotic series.

This was made using Flypaper Textures.


Liberty 1


Reversing Liberty 3

Description:
I wonder...in the the guise of protection...how far can civil liberties be invaded upon before the acts of preservation begin reversing liberty?

The history of the world is defined by wars. As I consider, what the wars are fighting for, I think of liberty. Those who want it, those who are protecting it, and those who are taking liberty from others.

United States of America. We are a young country in the world. We have fought hard for the liberty we stand for, even standing in the way of the liberty of the Native Americans. Our evolution, immigrants from other lands, civil war that cost hundreds of thousands of lives, our presidents who have influenced the world, our prosperity and depressions. A nation of a bloody history, like most nations.

I love my country. I question leadership. I question what is right and wrong. No government is infallible and no leader makes decisions that are always wise.






Please Click On The Picture Links Above For More Information:


If You Are Here Via The Feature Artists Link Please Click On Older Posts Once To See Angelina's Other work In This Blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment